RUN FOR THE CAUSE- is back in 2017: IRIS Mundial is participating as a non-profit organization in the next edition of “Banque Scotia 21K de Montréal” which will take place during the weekend of April 22nd, 2017.
You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself while running for IRIS Mundial by signing up for one of the following races offered: 5K, 10K, 21K (Registration fee discounts apply for runners who raise funds). You will then be able to collect donations through your customized fundraising page that you will have created upon registration. The minimum you need to raise is $50—a goal accessible to all! Our objective is to raise $10 000 to help thousands of people to better see the world as a result of improved access to eye care services, glasses, medication and eye surgeries in areas where these are normally non-existent. For more information about the event, click here.
See below recommendations and links concerning the registration procedures. If last year’s complete sellout of places by December is any indication, we recommend that you register as soon as possible.
Support IRIS Mundial: If you are not a runner but would still like to contribute to this fundraising event and encourage IRIS Mundial’s activities you can do so on line by clicking on “Donate now” once you’ve accessed the link.
We need your support to help thousands of people better see the world!
A huge thank you!
If you have any questions regarding the registration procedures, please do not hesitate to contact
Catherine Rioux, General Manager of IRIS Mundial at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our activities, please visit our Facebook page or our website: www.irismundial.ca
How to register for the running event
Come join us and invite your friends to join us too! The “Banque Scotia 21K de Montréal” event weekend is one of the most important in Montreal.
Sign up as a runner through the following link:
- Click on the “Register” button on the right-hand side of the page;
- Choose your run and then answer the questions;
- On page five (in the “Scotiabank Charity Challenge” section), answer yes to the question: “Do you want to participate in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge as a fundraiser…” and select IRIS Mundial in the list of organizers;
- The PIN code for IRIS Mundial depends on which run you choose:
- 21K: 17IRIS21K
- 10K: 17IRIS10K
- 5K: 17IRIS5K
- 5K with baby stroller: 17IRIS5p
- Create your fundraising page by answering the questions in the form;
- Make your payment;
- Go to this link, click “Sign up” to create your customized fundraising page.
- It is recommended to register as an individual fundraiser despite the option to register as a team. The reason being that the creation of an individual fundraising website page is much simpler than the creation of a team page. If you wish to build a team, write us and we will send you the specific instructions.
- Once you’ve registered and created your fundraising page; contact your colleagues, friends and family members to inform them about your upcoming challenge and invite them to encourage you by donating to IRIS Mundial;
- If you are already registered for the race but are not affiliated with IRIS Mundial and would like to, you can do so via the link by clicking on “sign in” and by opening a session as a past participant or as a new participant of the run, according to your situation.Please, do not forget to send the information by email to email@example.com so we can add you to the web platform IRIS Mundial group.
This post is also available in: French