Join the “Run Ottawa” event for the benefit of IRIS Mundial!
Run for a charitable cause: Good news! IRIS Mundial is registered as a non profit organization participating in the next edition of “Run Ottawa” which will take place during the weekend of May 28th and 29th, 2016. You have the opportunity to challenge yourself and run for IRIS Mundial by signing up for one of the races offered: 2K, 5K, 10K, ½ marathon or marathon. You will then be able to collect donations directly on the page that will be created for your participation. The minimum you need to raise for the organization is $ 50; it is therefore easily achievable! Our objective is to raise the sum of $ 8000; a special fund which will allow to restore the eyesight of patients suffering from cataracts or others ocular diseases, thanks to our permanent program in Labrousse, Haiti. For more information about the said event: http://www.runottawa.ca
See below regarding some recommendations and links about the registration procedures.
Support IRIS Mundial: If you are not a runner, but would like to contribute to this fundraising event and encourage IRIS Mundial activities, you can participate by making a donation at the following address. Click on “Donate now”:https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?EventID=181055&LangPref=en-CA&Referrer=direct%2fnone&RegistrationID=3067679#&panel1-1
We need your support so that thousands of people can better see the world! Register soon: places are limited and some races already showed “complete” in November last year … A huge thank you for your support!
If you have any questions about the registration procedures, please do not hesitate to contact Catherine Rioux, General Manager of IRIS Mundial at: email@example.com
For more information about our activities, please visit our Facebook page or our website: www.irismundial.ca
Steps to register for Run Ottawa:
– Here is the link to sign up as a runner:
– Choose your run and then answer the questions;
– On the second page, in the “Scotiabank Charity Challenge” section, click on “Create Personal Fundraising Web Page” and select IRIS Mundial in the list;
– Continue to fill in the form and make your payment;
– Then, go to this link, click “Sign Up” at the bottom left corner of the IRIS Mundial logo to create your customized fundraising page: https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/LocationHome.aspx?eventid=181055&langpref=en-CA&locationID=182741&Referrer=direct%2fnone;
– Although there is a team registration option to raise funds, it is recommended to register individually, because it is much easier to create an individual fundraising page on the website and to raise funds as an individual as oppose to a team;
– Once you are registered and your fundraising page is created, it will be time to contact your colleagues, friends and family members, inform them about your fundraising event and invite them to encourage you by donating to IRIS Mundial;
– If you are already registered for the race, but that you are not affiliated to IRIS Mundial and would like to, you can do so through the link below by clicking on “sign in” and by opening a session as a past participant or as a new participant to Run Ottawa, according to your situation:https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/ReturningRegistrantOption.aspx?EventID=181055&LangPref=fr-CA&welcomeBackLoc=y&locationid=182741. Please, do not forget to send the information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can add you to the IRIS Mundial group on the “Run Ottawa” web platform.
This post is also available in: French